Post Production Supervisor
Mainframe Studios is on the lookout for an experienced Post Production Supervisor for a current production! The main role of the Post Production Supervisor is to act as the key point person to all staff and service providers who either rely on information from the post dept, or are contributing elements to the needs of post production.
Post production typically includes phases from rough cut to final delivery; however, responsibilities will vary slightly depending on the needs of each project. Clarity of information and communication is vital.
This is not a creative role, however it is pivotal in ensuring that the projects’ post production budgets are manageable and achievable, and that all deadlines are met.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the producers’ and post production team with finalizing an effective plan based on the needs of each project, including, but not limited to: detailing the post pipeline process / departmental schedule & budget finalization and post service bids.
- Decipher tech deliverables, and make recommendations for outputs (versioning and transfers) when applicable.
- Liaise with business affairs to finalize external post service contracts – as approved by producer.
- Regularly maintain and distribute digital documentation including, but not limited to: departmental status reports, schedules and budgets.
- Oversee distribution of material for review as necessary to key creative personnel and ensures that notes are given pursuant to any relevant agreements, or based on the scheduled turn around time.
- Track and oversee implementation of all creative requests relating to post approvals.
- Order and keeps track of post materials and purchases (when applicable).
- Oversee the final deliveries: Media and materials including documentation as outlined in the production deliverables document.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 4 years experience required in this key role. Applicant will have a thorough knowledge and expectation of post production procedures required for both movies and television series.
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot technical issues as they arise in collaboration with colleagues and service providers, and be able to offer suggestions and / or solutions to complicated issues.
- Excel under extreme deadline pressure.
- Highly organized and have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Self motivated.