Series Director - Unannounced Dreamworks Series
Mainframe Studios in partnership with DreamWorks is looking for a Series Director to work on an unannounced pre-school series! The Director is responsible for leading a project’s team in achieving the overall vision of a project. Collaborating with Executive Producer, Partners and or Clients, the Director works to tell the best story possible from a visual and written standpoint within a project’s agreed upon parameters. The Director’s oversight covers the entire production through all phases.
START DATE: TBA
Responsibilities and Duties
- Determine the visual look, style of animation, cinematography and sound for a show.
- Inspire team to creatively deliver the best performance and look possible within the determined timeframe.
- Work with design team to establish a concise visual approach to the storytelling.
- Work with the story team to determine the best way to illustrate the script while communicating an entertaining and engaging story.
- Pitch project at each stage and incorporate creative notes from studio and executives.
- Create storyboards if necessary.
- Track that Story Artists, Editor, Pre-visualization Supervisor understand and track the overall key plot and character arcs and points.
- Meet consistently with the VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor, technical leads and supervisors to ensure toolsets are feasible and support the creative needs of the project.
- Work with Animation Directors, and animators to produce the highest quality animation that the budget and schedule will allow.
- Work with sound design team, composer to determine direction and enhance the project’s creative vision.
- Anticipate potential roadblocks or limitations and find creative solutions.
- Partner with the producer to deliver the project on time, on budget and on quality.
- Support and integrate the values of Mainframe Studios that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interact respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience.
- Previous directing experience required.
- Understanding of the CG, live-action production process is desired
- Script writing and storyboarding experience an asset.
- 6-10 years of experience working in a professional environment within animation.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate storytelling, filmmaking, creative and artistic abilities.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives.
- Ability to direct and inspire crew.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly pitch and present story, art materials, etc.
- Ability to communicate processes, plans and concepts and set clear expectations.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude, flexible and calm demeanour.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
- All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have PR status.