Designer - Unannounced Dreamworks Series
Mainframe Studios in partnership with DreamWorks is looking for Designers to work on an unannounced pre-school series! The Designer, reporting to the Art Director, will be responsible for creating designs of characters, sets, vehicles and/or props depending on their area of expertise.
START DATE: TBA
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the leadership of the Art Director, the Designer creates designs that support the overall creative vision for the story based on the determined style of the project.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Art Director or Lead in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Collaborates with modelers to test efficacy of 3D elements, modifying designs as required.
- Delivers assignments per project's schedules.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2-3+ years of TV/DVD production experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- A keen eye for the aesthetic needs as well as diverse visual development styles as required by the project.
- Working knowledge of anatomy, proportion, perspective and composition. Ability to visualize perspective and 3-dimensional space. Strong drawing, illustration and/or painting skills.
- Understanding of CG animation, particularly in modeling and rigging.
- Proficiency using Photoshop is required. Familiarity with After Effects, ZBrush, Corel Painter, Illustrator and Maya is considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Proactively communicates production issues to supervisor. Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others. Incorporates feedback and direction received from Director/Supervisor.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set design objectives.
- All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have PR status.