Mainframe Studios is on the lookout for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Finance team! Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant supports the Finance department and its various deliverables by performing various accounting administration and tax preparation functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares tax returns for active production tax credits and recurring inactive company returns.
- Prepares pro-forma financial statements for production subsidiaries (as needed).
- Reviews A/P postings and department codings.
- Responsible for A/R invoice input and bi-weekly A/R status update
- Assists the Controller in the month-end closing process, including but not limited to:
- Preparation of the monthly payroll cost allocation journal.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Maintain the fixed asset sub ledger
- Preparation of GST/HST/PST calculations and filings.
- Assists the Director of Finance with tax audits.
- Provides support to the Director of Finance on special projects as assigned, including accounting/taxation/budgeting.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe, that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- University or accredited post-secondary degree with a focus on accounting.
- Professional accounting designation or equivalent work experience, and/or working towards an accounting degree or diploma.
- 3 years in an Accounting environment.
- Basic Accounting Principals.
- Accounting software experience.
- Ability to prepare pro-forma financial statements of small companies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, VLOOKUP).
- Strong professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to research and report on relevant issues and/or changes.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide decisive solutions.
- Develops new initiatives and workflows to improve processes.
- Encourages open communication between the team and other departments.
- Provides regular, constructive performance feedback to team.
- Experience using Intacct accounting software and reports is an asset.
- Experience with Taxprep and/or corporate tax returns are considered an asset.
- Understanding of the CAVCO and FIBC Tax Credits are considered an asset.