FX Artist - Unannounced Dreamworks TV Series
Mainframe Studios is on the lookout for FX Artists on an exciting new Dreamworks TV Series! Under the leadership of the FX Department Supervisor and/or Leads, on a CG animated film, the FX Artist designs all non-character related animation and/or applies FX animation per the shot’s requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Applies, completes and works on shots to be used by the FX department.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Supervisor or Lead in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Collaborates with Lighting and Compositing artists to test efficacy of the special effects, modifying the design/application as necessary.
- Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4-6+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Degree or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Ability to hone in on crafting a variety of FX designs as necessitated by shot/sequences in a given project.
- Strong artistic vision, sense of design and composition.
- Intermediate understanding of 3D animation, texturing, modeling, lighting and compositing.
- Proficiency in using Maya and Nuke for particle simulations, expressions, soft body, rigid body & cloth dynamics.
- Experience with Houdini, Real Flow and XSI is an asset.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the areas of rendering, lighting, shading and compositing.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Encourages open communication between the team and other departments.
- Ability to deliver FX assignments per agreed upon specs and schedule.