Shot Finaling Supervisor - Barbie
We are looking for a Shot Finaling Supervisor to join our Barbie production! The Shot Finaling Supervisor is responsible for leading the Shot Finaling crew and ensuring that all assets are available and caching properly for final lighting. They collaborates with modeling and rigging to resolve technical problems related to caching. The Shot Finaling Supervisor works closely with the CG Supervisor and Art Director to make sure all creative objectives are met.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for determining the technical needs of the department and will work with the CG Supervisor to develop or modify the tools used within the department.
- Oversees shot consistency and quality in preparation for final lighting.
- Oversees the team in the development and/or modification of tools used with the department including scripting and writing tools to facilitate the shot finaling process.
- Casts artists per their strengths.
- Responsible for performance management and artists’ reviews.
- Ability to prioritize artwork deliverables with the goal to facilitate optimal work flow in the production pipeline as it pertains to animation production.
- Provides vision, feedback, motivation and encouragement to the team.
- Motivates, mentors and supports the team to consistently strive towards excellence.
- Interprets, implements and facilitates notes and feedback from the Art Director and CG Supervisor in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Supervises completion of all shot finaling assignments per production schedule.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe; that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully with colleagues, staff members and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience required.
- 4-6+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Worked on at least 2-3 high-end, feature quality productions. Lead or Supervisor experience preferred.
- Superior modeling skills and an advanced sense of aesthetics.
- Superior level of proficiency in Maya is required.
- Superior experience in Mental Ray and/or Renderman is required, as well as expert knowledge of Python.
- Evaluates and recommends relevant software programs.
- Ability to liaise with artists, crew/technical staff and clearly communicate production process, plans and concepts and set clear expectations.
- Excellent inter-personal skills. Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others.
- Excellent leadership skills inspiring the team to work as a cohesive unit and eager to put forth their best. Ability to predict potential problems and trouble shoot as necessary.
- Proven abilities to oversee Shot Finaling Department and in ensuring work quality and consistency.
- Highly motivated, pro-active, solutions-oriented, solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work well under pressure. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills. Ability to multitask and delegate.
- Outstanding problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively. Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at had.
- Responsible for managing the Shot Finaling Department and in meeting quota expectation per project’s requirements.