Render Wrangler (General)
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
The Render Wrangler facilitates the efficient and consistent rendering of all production digital data including animation, lighting passes, compositing and DI. Additionally he/she monitors all output for quality control.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors render queue efficiency.
- Ensures that priority jobs from production are completed both successfully and in a timely manner.
- Provides render technical support.
- Identifies, reports, and finds solutions to technical rendering and compositing errors.
- Creates daily reports for each production documenting efficiencies, problems and priorities.
- Communicates relevant information to Wrangler Manager, Production Managers, Coordinators and Technical Directors.
- Provides bug reports and feedback on render-relevant software tools.
- Ensures all rendered layers are complete and error-free.Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- University and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 1+ years of industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Maya, Katana, Nuke and/or other DCCs is an asset.
- Knowledge of PipelineFX’s Qube or other render queuing software is beneficial.
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Python scripting and web development are beneficial.
- Ability to comprehend proprietary software.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Efficient and detail oriented with an ability to multitask.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
- Must be willing to work weekends and graveyard shifts.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.