3D Crowd Artist - ON
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Under the guidance of the Crowd Supervisor, the Crowd Artist implements the creation of crowd assets and shots.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follows the established style of performance for the project and mentors as necessary.
- Seeks creative options to maximize re-use when applicable.
- Delivers assignments per project schedules and set quotas.
- Ensures balance, composition and timing requirements are implemented in a way that supports story and character/crowds performance.
- Creatively enhances material in order to achieve set standards of performance and complexity.
- Interpret and implement notes and feedback from Director(s), Supervisor or Leads in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe: which includes a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Collaborates with creative and technical staff to ensure crowd feasibility within the confines of schedule and budget.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is required.
- 1+ years of production experience is preferred.
- Prior experience as a Crowd artist is required. (Golaem preferred)
- Expertise in Maya and CG production methodology.
- Outstanding artistic skills: demonstrable ability to make creative and aesthetic judgement calls.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical concerns and ideas to the Producer/Director.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening.
- Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Animation Director.
- Highly motived. Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Able to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
- Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs.
- Encourages open communication between the team and other departments.
- Good understanding of principles of animation.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Knowledge of the production process.
- Knowledge of the pipeline is considered an asset.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.