Facility Production Assistant - Expression of Interest
Want to launch your career in the animation industry? A Facility Production Assistant (FPA) is a great place to start! It has been the stepping off point for many of our artists and production crew. As an FPA you are utilizing your positive attitude, photocopying skills, coffee brewing skills, fridge cleaning abilities, errand running agility, and your unrestricted BC Class 5 driver’s license. Okay, so maybe it isn’t glamourous but it opens the door to opportunities in the animation world! And it’s all for the good of making cartoons! We’ll also team you up with a mentor so you can build your career in the direction of animator, modeler, lighter, production coordinator…whatever your passion is. Did we mention that you must have your BC Class 5 driver’s license? Just making sure, because it’s required for this position!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Runs errands as requested by authorized individuals (i.e.) airport runs, Costco type runs, etc.
- Moves and sets-up computers, furniture and/or equipment as needed.
- Checks and restocks supplies (paper at the photocopiers, milk for coffee, etc).
- Maintains an inventory of coffee supplies, paper supplies and toner supplies and works with Facility Manager on ordering of supplies.
- Delivers internal mail on an on-going basis (this includes both mail from post and mail from employee to employee within the facility).
- Learns all aspects of reception for relief, including preparing Fedex, phones etc as per Receptionist job description.
- Escorts visitors through building (always being aware of and reporting unauthorized visitors).
- Everyday inside facility tasks and assistance (photocopying, scanning, changing light bulbs, etc.).
- Provides set-up and teardowns for meetings, demos, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness of shared appliances (refrigerators, water dispensers, etc.).
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a desire to move into a production role and have some schooling or experience within the film industry to enable that move.
- Must have valid class 5 driver’s license without restrictions.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting as required.
- Good at multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Good organizational and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to take directions.
- Must be proactive and able to anticipate the needs of the production and