Talent Acquisition Specialist
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Reporting to the Manager of Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition Specialist’s responsibility is to recruit the best talent for the studio. In collaboration with their team, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will find new and creative ways to source talent, and will support the entire recruitment process.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Posting new positions on various websites, as needed.
- Attending career fairs and portfolio shows as a representative of Mainframe Studios.
- Screening candidate’s resumes and conducting initial calls.
- Maintaining strong communication with candidates throughout the entire recruitment process.
- Scheduling interviews for candidates with the appropriate hiring managers, and attending as needed.
- Conducting reference checks, negotiating offers, and preparing and sending offer letters.
- Conduct the initial phase of onboarding by notifying various internal parties of the new hire in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with the entire Talent Acquisition team, maintains the current Applicant Tracking System and processes.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe Studios, that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources, Communications, Commerce, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience recruiting in the animation and/or digital media industry is a massive asset.
- Familiarity with the current employment legislation and immigration laws is required, as well as a solid understanding of the recruitment process and techniques.
- Adaptable to change and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- A passion for the entertainment and animation industries.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.