Animator - Barbie
We are looking for an experienced Animator to join the Barbie team! Under the guidance of the Supervisor, Leads and/or Principals, on a CG animated project, the Animator creates animation that supports the overall creative vision for the story.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the leadership of the Supervisor and/or Leads, follows the established style of performance for the project.
- As requested, collaborates to create and determine unique traits for characters and/or objects to be animated.
- Delivers assignments per project schedules and set quotas.
- Works to ensure balance, composition and timing requirements are implemented in a way that supports story and character performance.
- Creatively enhances material in order to achieve set standards of performance and complexity.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director(s), Supervisors or Leads in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Rainmaker: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of animation.
- Working knowledge of anatomy, perspective and composition. Background in classical animation is preferred.
- Proficiency in using Maya is required.
- Strong aesthetic skills including staging and timing.
- Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to deliver work on time and fulfill production quota.