Mainframe Studios is on the lookout for an experienced Online Editor to join us on a current production! The Online Editor assembles all final picture and audio elements needed to create the final delivery masters.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organizes the Online per the project’s requirements.
- Conforms/re-assembles show at full online resolution.
- Checks show against the offline/workprint edit to verify that the edits are correct and frame-accurate.
- Adds VFX, titles, credits and apply colour correction as necessary.
- Ensures that the program meets the technical delivery specs of the broadcaster, ensuring proper video levels, aspect ratio, audio configuration etc.
- Packages and versions the show as per delivery requirements (tape format, file codec
- Cuts in final audio tracks as delivered by sound house.
- Prepares and runs sessions for split screen reviews as necessary.
- Organizes all incoming content and source material for online purposes.
- Delivers assignments per the project’s schedule.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in film school or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Knowledge in using DaVinci Resolve is required.
- Knowledge in using AVID is required.
- Must be proficient with Windows and Macintosh OS.
- Prior experience using Final Cut, Adobe Creative Suite is valuable.
- Knowledgeable with Shotgun production tracking system.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Practises active listening.
- Willingness to share information, methodologies and ideas with others.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set production objectives.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.