Junior Pipeline TD
Mainframe Studios has an opportunity for a Junior Pipeline TD to join the team! Under the guidance of the Pipeline Supervisors and VP, Information Technology and Pipeline, the Junior Pipeline TD supports and enhances the infrastructure that facilitates a production’s processes and workflow.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Devises and innovates methods of working through the development and maintenance of leading-edge proprietary tools/shaders/plug-ins/scripts.
- Assists in the development of the studios pipelines.
- Creates scripts allowing for automation of specific tasks.
- Maintains accurate documentation for all coding development and follows studio protocol.
- Provides additional technical support and training to production teams as needed.
- Crafts innovative work flow tools to facilitate and expedite production.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the VP Creative Technology and/or Show CG Supervisor in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Interacts with IT staff with respect to operating, file and network systems issues.
- Attends regular production and departmental meetings.
- Maintains contacts with academia/industry to keep current on new research and competitor developments. Reads relevant journals and technical articles.
- Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Supports and integrates the values of Rainmaker that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and client.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Solid knowledge of CG Animation and/or Visual Effects.
- A demonstrable production knowledge of Python is required, C/C++ is an asset.
- Previous production experience with Qt is a definite asset.
- Working knowledge of Maya, including its API and scripting is an asset.
- Knowledge of Redshift and/or RenderMan is an asset.
- Knowledge of Katana and/or Houdini, including API and scripting is an asset.
- Demonstrable knowledge of UNIX/Linux procedural and object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience with MySQL and/or Postgres Databases is considered an asset. As is experience with Shell scripting.
- Production experience with revisions control systems such as Subversion, git, or Perforce is required.
- Production knowledge of Nuke, including its API is a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of Shotgun project management system, including its API is an asset.
- Working knowledge of render farm management software like Qube, including its API Is an asset.
- Acquires and maintains up-to-date knowledge in the relevant fields.
- Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from Pipeline Supervisor.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
- Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs. Highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to deliver assignments on time and meet set objectives.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.