Production Manager - Barbie
Mainframe Studios is on the look out for a Production Manager to join our Barbie team! The Production Manager works closely with the Producers, Associate Production Managers and Coordinators to oversee the day-to-day operations on the floor. Within each designated area they will oversee and track daily progress and report their findings back to the Producers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with producer to assign crew tasks and monitor crew output.
- Tracks quota and output from one department to the next.
- Daily reviews of production status in all departments to ensure deadlines are being met.
- Prepares and distributes production departmental reports.
- Daily production meeting with associate production managers to address and resolve current issues.
- Manages team resources to ensure everyone has the proper tools at all times.
- Forecasts delays and shortfalls which in turn need to be communicated to producers.
- Takes notes during director approval reviews including design, asset, sweatbox, and animation.
- Oversees production materials to ensure they are tracked and recorded.
- Collects and reviews timesheets for accuracy.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe: that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2-4 year of industry experience.
- Clear understanding of the principles of CG animation production.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; including Word, Excel and Outlook. Solid computer database skills.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Flexible and calm demeanour.
- Excellent leadership skills; ability to direct and inspire the team to work as a cohesive unit and eager to put forth their best.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems and eliminates roadblocks.
- Ability to communicate processes, plans and concepts and set clear expectations.
- Shares information and techniques with team members. Encourages feedback and is open to new initiatives. Practices active and attentive listening.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives within the production budget and scheduled parameters.