Facilities Assistant (General)
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Reporting to the Facility Manager, the Facility Production Assistant takes on a vast array of duties, from off-site errands to moving equipment around the building.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Runs errands as requested by authorized individuals (i.e.) Staples, Canada Post type runs, etc.
- Moves and sets-up computers, furniture and/or equipment as needed.
- Pick-up and deliveries of studio equipment and resources (following Covid-19 safety protocols)
- Checks and restocks supplies (paper at the photocopiers, milk for coffee, etc).
- Inventory maintenance and ordering of supplies.
- Delivers internal mail on an on-going basis (this includes both mail from post and mail from employee to employee within the facility).
- Learns all aspects of reception for relief, including preparing Fedex, phones etc as per Receptionist job description.
- Escorts visitors through building (always being aware of and reporting unauthorized visitors and following Covid-19 safety protocols).
- Everyday inside facility tasks and assistance (photocopying, scanning, changing light bulbs, etc.).
- Provides set-up and teardowns for meetings, demos, etc.
- Shipping and receiving, on-site inspections and general maintenance.
- Maintains cleanliness of shared appliances (refrigerators, water dispensers, etc.).
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have valid class 5 driver’s license without restrictions.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting as required.
- Good at multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Good organizational and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to take directions.
- Previous customer service experience is an asset
- Must be proactive and able to anticipate the needs of the production and
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.