Desktop Support - Ontario
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Reporting to the Director of Technology, Desktop Support will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd level hardware and software support for computer users.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Presents a helpful, resourceful and positive approach to solving computer related issues experienced by computer users.
- Installs, supports, maintains, and troubleshoots desktop operating systems and applications including Adobe & Autodesk productivity software, Internet applications, production software, system utilities, Google workspace suite and assorted proprietary scripts and tools.
- Provides timely response to requests for technical support by computer users by zoom, telephone, email, and/or in-person interactions.
- Logs requests and resolutions in soft-copy format, creates and publishes FAQ list, and documents procedures and common tasks for computer users.
- Creates, maintains, and updates detailed lists of software installs, licenses, and configuration information per user and per computer.
- Where possible, provides assistance in system updates, deployments, and servicing of any systems as requested by the Systems Administrators.
- Where possible, provides support for corporate application servers as requested by the Systems Administrators.
- Fulfills department team requirements: participating in regular and special meetings, filling out time sheets, and occasional working after-hours.
- Researches, investigates, proposes and enacts on any initiatives deemed by the team to improve computer users’ computing experience, efficiency, and comfort.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Successful completion of a recognized public or private course in Computer Systems, Information Technology, or Technical Support.
- 2+ years working in a technical support capacity in a mid to large size company preferably within an artistic/production environment or industry.
- Extensive experience supporting Microsoft Windows Win7/Win10 and Linux.
- General experience supporting OSX.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft office applications, templates, and advanced functions.
- Knowledge of Teradici PCOIP would be an asset.
- Experience with computer imaging and cloning tools.
- Experience with Sophos antivirus and virus removal procedures.
- Operational knowledge of Production Audio/Visual equipment would be an asset.
- Color calibration knowledge of monitors would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and visually. Practises attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others.
- Excellent customer service skills and a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong people-skills. Ability to work collaboratively.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
- Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on the issue at hand. Makes decisions in a timely manner and accepts accountability for own actions.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Self-motivated and proactive. Ability to work under pressure. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.