Resourcing Manager - BC
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
The role of the Resourcing Manager is to create a scalable standardized practice among all shows, enabling and supporting the Line Producers to coordinate existing and future employee needs and performance management of existing employees. In concert with Production and the P&C team, they develop a proactive and predictable approach to increases, contract extension, internal mobility, and promotions.
The Resourcing Manager will assist the Line Producers in collaboration with the P&C team to determine a company's capacity to meet the staffing requirement of projects, assign personnel to projects, and hire new employees. They will operate on a company-level and be responsible for allocating appropriate resources to multiple projects.
The Resourcing Manager will assign people to projects based on their skills, previous experience, availability, or project budget. They will partner with the Production and P&C teams to make sure that their organization's resources have enough capacity to deliver upcoming projects.
Reporting to the VP, Production or VP, People & Culture, this position is part of the production or P&C team and is responsible for the strategic direction of the resourcing employee scheduling process across all studio locations (Vancouver, Toronto) including creation of sustainable growth plans (in constantly shifting animation landscape) and defining the policies and procedures that allow the company to thrive.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with Production and Studio Management to create holistic staffing plans for new shows.
- Strive to create a balanced team in terms of production/studio needs, artist skill sets/growth opportunities, and personality fits.
- Maintain staffing schedules for production departments showing current and future staffing plans for each artist.
- Collaborate with the VP Production, Director Production and Line Producers to bridge assignments between projects.
- Performance tracking in collaboration with the Supervisors to flag areas of risk in terms of artist retention.
- Create skills inventory and cross training opportunities among the production departments.
- Supports the Line Producers in the mediation of compensation, market rates and budget allowances for increases.
- Hold production management accountable for employee conversations regarding extensions, compensation and fostering a positive environment.
- Flags coaching and training opportunities to the P&C team in support of Supervisor and Line Producer training.
- Works with P&C team in the mediation of complex employee issues in compliance with ESA, policy and WorkSafe practices.
- Partner with the P&C team on compensation rates, market changes, employee relations and performance improvement plans.
- Collaborate with the Leadership team to build functionality within our current systems enabling production to schedule and track artists throughout the entire studio.
- Build a framework process for approvals and extensions.
- Partner with Recruiting to notify upcoming talent needs that cannot be filled by current employees, as well as skill sets required on future shows.
- Partner with Line Producers to anticipate staffing changes and additional resource needs throughout the life of a project. When emergencies arise, help find resources that can be loaned to the show in need.
- As necessary, collaborate with the Hiring Managers to evaluate deal proposals for new and returning hires based on show budgets and compensation strategies set forth by Studio Management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated previous experience in a production management role.
- Sound knowledge of the Animation industry, including key production areas and disciplines.
- Knowledge of employment and labour standards.
- Understanding of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, reporting and vendor obligations.
- Strong background in production planning, scheduling and show budget allocation.
- Ability to navigate relationships between a work from home environment and on site
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong presentation, negotiation and oratory skills.
- Highly organized and structured.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to anticipate issues.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, transparency and collaboration.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.