Graphic & Motion Designer - BC
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
The Graphic & Motion Designer is responsible for design, animation, and compositing of 2D motion graphics for an established television series.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the guidance of the Director of Creative Services, Art Director and Line Producer, the Graphic & Motion Designer can utilize multiple platforms to create graphic art ranging anywhere from simple designs to animation for use in a television production.
- Must possess outstanding sense of composition, colour and lighting.
- Expertise in compositing, colour adjustment and texture application.
- Well versed in visual effects and applicable software.
- Continuously communicates with key team members regarding any relevant information that assists in concept development and efficacy.
- Works closely with the Creative Services Department and the production Art Departments to ensure all material generated is fulfilling the required artistic and aesthetic expectations and is delivered on schedule.
- Evaluates and recommends relevant software.
- Maintains contacts with academia/industry to keep current on new research and be aware of industry trends.
- Acquires and maintains up-to-date knowledge in the relevant fields.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Motion Graphics Design/Animation or related degree.
- 3+ years production or related field experience.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite is required, specifically After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Knowledge of Cinema 4D is a bonus.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical concerns and ideas to the Line Producer and the client.
- Must be able to work within the imposed budget and schedule constraints.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects.
- Outstanding artistic skills; demonstrable ability to make creative and aesthetic judgement calls.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Adaptable to change, can alter course of action quickly per production needs and is able to maintain calm composure.
- Highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude. Open and responsive to feedback and new initiatives.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Encourages open communication between the team and other departments.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.