Shot Finaling Artist - Barbie
We are looking for a Shot Finaling Artist for our Barbie production! Under the guidance of the Supervisor, the Show Finaling Artist ensures that all assets are caching properly for final lighting and is responsible for making necessary fixes to geometry to resolve issues such as intersections and penetrations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborates with other departments to resolve technical problems related to caching.
- Compares QuickTimes between approved Animation and generated caches to identify missing elements and intersection issues.
- Provides support and documentation for tools created.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Supervisor or Lead in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
- Adheres to digital file managements protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Solid modeling skills and a strong sense of aesthetics.
- Proficiency in using Maya is required.
- Proficiency in Mental Ray and/or Renderman is an asset. Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Lead and/or Director /Supervisor.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively. Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Ability to deliver assignments on time that meet or exceed Shot Finaling objectives within the production budget and scheduled parameters.