FX Artist - Barbie
Under the leadership of the FX Department Supervisor and/or Leads, on a CG animated film, the Senior FX Artist designs and generates all non-character related animation and/or applies FX animation per the shot’s requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops and implements FX tools and rigs to be used by the FX department.
- Provides support and documentation for tools created.
- Provides feedback, support and mentoring as necessary
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Visual Effects Supervisor, Department Supervisor and/or Leads in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Collaborates with Lighting and Compositing artists to test efficacy of the special effects, modifying the design/application as necessary.
- Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- High level understanding of 3D animation, texturing, modeling, lighting and compositing.
- High-level proficiency in using Maya and Nuke for particle simulations, expressions, soft body, rigid body & cloth dynamics.
- Experience with Houdini is an asset.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the areas of rendering, lighting, shading and compositing.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
- Ability to mentor and train.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work well under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
- Encourages open communication between the team and other departments.