Payroll Administrator - Maternity Leave Coverage
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Administrator prepares and facilitates all aspects of the processing of payroll, is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the payroll database and ensures that all payroll related policies and procedures are followed.
The position offered is for a 12-month contract with potential for a permanent role.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Processes full-cycle semi-monthly payroll.
- Reconciles individual timesheets on a weekly basis.
- Maintains attendance records for each employee.
- Maintains the “Payroll” email inbox.
- Provides support and vacation/absence coverage to the Payroll Manager.
- Assists in the implementation of the new payroll system
- Liaises with Human Resources for various payroll and employee issues.
- Supports and integrates the values of Rainmaker that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working in a high-volume payroll environment.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) professional certification from the Canadian Payroll Association preferred.
- Experience with Ceridian Insync and/or Ceridian Dayforce is an asset.
- Basic understanding of Payroll principles.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Canadian labour and employment legislation including Employment Standards Act, Human Rights, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Practices attentive and active listening and is not afraid to ask questions. Shares information and ideas with others. Incorporates feedback and direction received from others.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Highly trustworthy and tactful with confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Solid work ethics and positive attitude.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to deliver work on time and to meet set performance objectives.
- Open to taking up responsibilities outside his/her scope; willingly works in cooperation with others.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.