Mainframe Studios is currently on the lookout for a Render Wrangler to join the team! The Render Wrangler facilitates the efficient and consistent rendering of all production digital data including animation, lighting passes, compositing and DI. Additionally he/she monitors all output for quality control.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors render queue efficiency.
- Ensures that priority jobs from production are completed both successfully and in a timely manner.
- Provides render technical support.
- Identifies, reports, and find solutions to technical rendering and compositing errors.
- Creates daily reports for each production documenting efficiencies, problems and priorities.
- Communicates relevant information to Production Managers, Coordinators and Technical Directors.
- Provides bug reports and feedback on render-relevant software tools.
- Ensures all rendered layers are complete and error-free.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- University and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 1+ years of industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Maya is required.
- Knowledge of MentalRay and Nuke would be an asset.
- Knowledge of PipelineFX’s Qube or other render queuing software beneficial.
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Python scripting and web development beneficial.
- Ability to comprehend proprietary software.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Efficient and detail oriented with an ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
- Must be willing to work the graveyard shift.