Layout Artist - Unannounced Dreamworks TV Series
Mainframe Studios is on the lookout for Layout Artists on an exciting new Dreamworks TV Series! Under the guidance of the Layout Supervisor, on a CG animated film, the Layout Artist’s job is to make sure all elements needed in a shot are fully prepped and ready for animation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the leadership of the Supervisor, the Layout Artist reviews scene folders making sure all necessary assets are ready for integration into the shot.
- Swaps out proxy models for final low-resolution animation ready models.
- Checks and references elements to make sure proper versions are used.
- Cross references that shots are cut to length. Collaborates with editorial to check for continuity between scenes.
- Collaborates with Pre-visualization Artists to ensure technical parameters for accuracy such as camera angles, focal lengths and composition are met.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Supervisor in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, creatively plus material in order to achieve set standards of complexity.
- Collaborates with animators to ensure all elements are included and set-up as required.
- Delivers assignments per project's schedules.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience required.
- 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Solid knowledge of camera composition and good sense of aesthetics.
- Proficiency in using Maya is required.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set production objectives.