Layout Artist - Barbie Series & Interactive (General)
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We are looking for talented Layout Artists to join us! Under the guidance of the Layout Supervisor, on a CG animated film, the Layout Artist’s job is to make sure all elements needed in a shot are fully prepped and ready for animation.
We have openings on two new exciting Barbie Productions, including:
- Barbie Series
- Barbie Interactive Project
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the leadership of the Supervisor, the Layout Artist reviews scene folders making sure all necessary assets are ready for integration into the shot.
- Swaps out proxy models for final low-resolution animation ready models.
- Checks and references elements to make sure proper versions are used.
- Cross references that shots are cut to length. Collaborates with editorial to check for continuity between scenes.
- Collaborates with Pre-visualization Artists to ensure technical parameters for accuracy such as camera angles, focal lengths and composition are met.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Supervisor in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, creatively plus material in order to achieve set standards of complexity.
- Collaborates with animators to ensure all elements are included and set-up as required.
- Delivers assignments per project's schedules.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience required.
- 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Solid knowledge of camera composition and good sense of aesthetics.
- Proficiency in using Maya is required.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set production objectives.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.