2D Associate Production Manager - BC
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
The Associate Production Manager works closely with the Production Manager and Coordinators to organize and manage work flow within a designated department.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supports Supervisors and Leads in managing crew.
- Tracks quota and reports findings to Production Manager.
- Creates schedules to track crew attendance.
- Responsible for organizing and tracking production materials.
- Prepares and distributes production status reports.
- Works with crew to make sure deadlines are being met.
- Takes notes during Director approvals in the areas of art, assets, sweatbox sessions, animation and Executive screenings.
- Assists Producers wherever and whenever necessary.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2+ years industry experience.
- Basic knowledge of CG animation production.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook. Strong computer database skills.
- Highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to prioritize duties in order to deliver work on time and to meet set performance objectives.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems and eliminates roadblocks.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Incorporates feedback and direction received from others.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.