Shot Finaling Generalist - Unannounced Series
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (And your mad skills!)
Mainframe Studios is on the lookout for an experienced Shot Finaling / Generalist for a current production! This will be an organic role which will evolve with the needs of production. Initially, the Shot Finaling / Generalist will be responsible for the generation and QC of renderbakes for lighting. Future tasks will include general trouble shooting of shots, assets, renders, etc."
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working alongside Production, CG Supervisor, and Departmental Supervisors for quality control and general fixes of shots.
- Generating geometry bakes and renders of approved animation.
- QC of approved animation renders, and assessing any issues which arise.
- Forwarding to appropriate department, TDs, or doing the fix on the shot level.
- General trouble shooting of technical issues of shots:
- Failing render jobs on farm.
- Animation publishing issues.
- Asset versions out of sync in shot.
- Rendered animation not matching published animation
- Possibility of working with crowd simulation in near future.
- Adding additional dressing (ambient and BG) to Animation approved shots.
Qualifications and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of Maya.
- Familiarity with Shotgun and Qube.
- Previous experience in animation and/or any other department.
- A basic understanding of Python (not necessary, but very beneficial).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proactive in looking into all issues before sending off to TDs or Departmental Supervisor.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.