Production Manager - 2D (General)
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
The Production Manager works closely with the Producers, Associate Production Managers and Coordinators to oversee the day-to-day operations on the floor. Within each designated area they will oversee and track daily progress and report their findings back to the Producers.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with the Producer to assign crew tasks and monitor crew output.
- Tracks quota and output from one department to the next.
- Daily reviews of production status in all departments to ensure deadlines are being met.
- Prepares and distributes production departmental reports.
- Daily production meeting with Associate Production Managers to address and resolve current issues.
- Manages team resources to ensure everyone has the proper tools at all times.
- Forecasts delays and shortfalls which in turn need to be communicated to producers.
- Takes notes during director approval reviews including design, asset, sweatbox, and animation.
- Oversees production materials to ensure they are tracked and recorded.
- Collects and reviews timesheets for accuracy.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or Diploma is Film Production, Animation, or other relevant program; and/or a combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferably as a Production Manager for a range of departments throughout the Animation pipeline, such as: Assets, Layout, Animation, Lighting, FX, etc. as well as experience in Harmony required
- Clear understanding of the principles of 2D and/or 3D animation production.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; including Word, Excel and Outlook. Solid computer database skills.
- Highly proficient in Shotgun production tracking software.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Flexible and calm demeanour.
- Excellent leadership skills; ability to direct and inspire the team to work as a cohesive unit and eager to put forth their best.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems and eliminates roadblocks.
- Ability to communicate processes, plans and concepts and set clear expectations.
- Shares information and techniques with team members. Encourages feedback and is open to new initiatives. Practices active and attentive listening.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives within the production budget and scheduled parameters.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.