Junior Pipeline TD
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Under the guidance of the Pipeline Supervisors and VP Information Technology and Pipeline, the Junior Pipeline TD supports the infrastructure that facilitates production processes and workflows.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the guidance of the Pipeline Supervisors and VP Information Technology and Pipeline, tests and uses tools in the production environment allowing the show to move forward while providing feedback to the Pipeline Supervisors and VP Information Technology and Pipeline.
- Assists in the development of the shows pipeline.
- Maintains accurate documentation for all tools being used and tested.
- Creates and maintains technical effects/shots as required.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback form the Pipeline Supervisors and VP Information Technology and Pipeline in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Attends regular production and departmental meetings.
- Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is required.
- Advanced degree in Computing Science, Mathematics, Physics or related disciplines is an asset.
- 1+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline preferred however not required.
- Solid knowledge of CG Animation and/or Visual Effects.
- Demonstrable production knowledge of Python, C and C++ is an asset.
- Previous production experience with QT and GUI is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Shotgun is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Katana is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Qube or other render farm management software is an asset.
- Acquires and maintains up-to-date knowledge in the relevant fields.
- Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from Pipeline Supervisors and VP Information Technology and Pipeline.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
- Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs. Highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to deliver assignments on time and meet set objectives.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.