Build Supervisor - 2D Harmony
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Under the guidance of the Director and Animation Director on a 2D animated project, the Build Supervisor provides creative and technical leadership to the Harmony build team.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Facilitates efforts to define and set the creative and technical standards for the project.
- Reviews character and prop builds, ensuring revisions are completed as needed to uphold a high level of quality throughout the show.
- Guides and develops artists to create the requested style of character and prop builds for the production.
- Formulate a plan for each episode to achieve deliverables and create efficiencies.
- Work closely with the Production team to proactively flag and problem-solve any potential issues.
- Ensure the builds work well for the rest of the animation pipeline.
- Collaborates with creative and technical staff to ensure animation feasibility within the confines of schedule and budget.
- Seeks creative options to maximize re-use when applicable.
- Attends meetings and coordinates efforts with other production staff and supervisors to facilitate optimal production flow.
- Provides vision, feedback, motivation and support to the team.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and training as necessary.
- Interprets, implements, and facilitates notes and feedback from Director in a timely manner and of highest quality.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience required.
- 4-6+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Harmony Builds (experience with Harmony 20 is preferable)
- Advanced knowledge of character and prop builds, rigging and Harmony animation.
- Superior knowledge of software is required. Advanced knowledge of Harmony animation tools.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly both verbally and visually; excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives and/or clients.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills inspiring the team to work as a cohesive unit and deliver high quality animation.
- Ability to liaison with production management to define and articulate production requirements
- Adaptable and able to change course of action quickly per production needs. Highly motivated, pro-active, solutions-oriented, solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work well under pressure. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and delegate. Thorough knowledge of the production process and pipeline
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively. Actively improves skill set to remain at cutting edge of industry trends.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.