Production Accountant Coordinator - BC
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (And your mad skills!)
Reporting to the Senior Production Accountant, the Project Accountant Coordinator's primary responsibilities are to support the production accountants and producers; track the status of residency documents for film tax credit eligibility and prepare film CAVCO and BC film tax credit applications.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Track employee tax credit eligibility by collecting residency documents for all employees and maintaining tax residency documentation database.
- Track invoices and payments of Individual Contractors.
- Track and calculate payment of employee bonus hours.
- Ensure timely submission and accurate coding of timesheets.
- Prepare and submit applications for CAVCO and BC Film Certificates and respond to outstanding questions or comments from CAVCO and Creative BC.
- Additional duties and ad-hoc projects as required.
- Support and integrate the values of Mainframe: that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interact respectfully and professionally with colleagues and other staff members.
Qualifications and Skills
- Intermediate Level Excel skills.
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with different types of personalities and work styles.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently, deliver work to deadlines and meet set performance objectives.
- Solid work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to learn are key components for the successful candidate.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.