3D Editor - ON
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We are looking for an experienced Editor for multiple projects! The Editor helps the Senior Editor assemble all picture and audio elements needed to create and maintain the story and production reels as it evolves through the various iterations. The role is also responsible for tracking the turnover of shots from editorial to production and for the communication of all editorial revisions as it pertains to timing alterations, shot deletions and inserts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organizes the Avid per the project’s requirements.
- Ability to assemble story sequences under the Senior Editor’s supervision.
- Cuts sequences throughout the various stages of production and tracks the various iterations.
- Basic understanding of the needs of the Story, Previsualization, Animation, FX, Lighting and Compositing departments.
- Cuts in latest versions of shots and prepares for dailies sessions.
- EDL and audio publishing of shots as they are updated throughout the editing stages.
- Organizes all incoming content and source material for editorial purposes.
- Delivers assignments per the project’s schedule.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols as setup by team/studio.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in film school or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Experience in narrative development and storytelling as it pertains to editing.
- Advanced knowledge in using AVID is required.
- Must be proficient with Windows and Macintosh OS.
- Knowledgeable with production tracking system.
- Vigilant in ensuring all shot changes are efficiently communicated.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Practises active listening.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set production objectives.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners.